The Most Common Auto Body Repair Claims in Washington
November 11th, 2015 by Eli P
Auto body repairs come in all types, ranging from fixing a small dent to a complete repair. Although accidents represent the leading cause of auto body damage, repairs can come from many different sources.
Common Collision Claims
It’s no surprise that vehicle collisions cause a majority of auto body repair claims. The extent of a claim usually depends on the type of collision that caused the damage.
- Rear-End Collision. The most common type of car accident is a rear-end collision. In Washington, these types of collisions tend to happen more frequently in coastal counties such as Clark, Grays Harbor, and Skagit, due to the high amount of rainfall in those areas. Rear-end collisions can damage the bumper, taillights, trunk, and fenders, and in severe cases can completely total the vehicle. Even if the damage seems minor, experts recommend having an auto body specialist evaluate the vehicle, as there could be underlying damage that leads to more serious problems later on.
- Front-End Collision. In the state of Washington, one of the leading causes of front-end collisions is vehicle-to-animal impacts. Areas such as the Methow River Valley, highways like U.S. 97 and I-90, and State Routes 20 and 525 along the Cascade Mountains all have high rates of animal collisions. Regardless of the source of the impact, a front-end collision typically damages the bumpers, grills, headlights, and hood. More severe impacts can also destroy the windshield and cause significant structural damage to the rest of the car.
Collisions are not the only ways cars get damaged. Common auto body claims from non-accident related damage include:
- Storm damage. Mother Nature can wreak havoc on vehicles, especially in those areas of Washington prone to violent wind and rainstorms. From fallen tree limbs to flooding to wind-swept objects, auto body damage from weather events is a common occurrence.
- Vandalism. Another leading cause of auto body claims, vandalism can come in the form of dents, broken side mirrors, scratched paint, and damaged doors or windows from attempted break-ins. Fortunately, most vandalism repairs are minor and are usually covered by insurance.
- Windshield cracks. Small ones may seem like a minor annoyance, but can lead to bigger problems if not fixed in a timely manner. Large ones should be repaired immediately.
- Dents. Nicks, scrape, and dings can happen for any number of reasons, including driver carelessness. Fortunately, most dents are quick and easy to fix, and don’t take a big bite out of your wallet.
- Rust. Over time, rain, sleet and snow can slowly eat away at the body of your car. Add in the salt used to remove snow from roads in many parts of Washington and you can easily end up with this common auto body claim. To prevent more expensive repairs, bring your vehicle in at the first signs of rust.
We Fix It For You!
Regardless of the source of your auto body claim, Fix Auto USA offers services to get your car looking like new again. With locations throughout Washington, we’re easy to find and easy to get to. See store for details regarding your vehicle’s specific repairs.
Fix Auto USA
We are the premier independent body shop network delivering world-class customer service and high-quality collision repairs across the U.S.
Learn About Us