Car Lifehacks That Will Improve Everything
November 4th, 2014 by Eli P
You spend a lot of time in your car, and car lifehacks are incredibly important to capitalizing on that time and making your life easier and more enjoyable. Here are seven car lifehacks that will improve everything.
1. Cool down an incredibly hot car super quickly by opening all of the windows and leaving the driver’s side door open. Then go to your passenger side door and open and close it about five times. Doing this can drop the temperature in your car by 10 degrees within minutes to help you avoid those miserably hot cars all summer long.
2. If you live somewhere with freezing winters, keep a small bottle of alcohol-based hand sanitizer in your jacket pocket. If your car doors and locks freeze shut, you can squirt some hand sanitizer on them to defrost the ice quickly.
3. Use over-the-door shoe organizers on the backs of your car’s front seats. Keep kids toys, cleaning supplies, a lint roller, and anything you may need in them while keeping your car organized.
4. During colder months, park your car facing the east at night so that as soon as the sun rises, your windshield starts defrosting.
5. If your headlights are cloudy, rub toothpaste on them in a circular motion. Wipe off the toothpaste when you’re finished, and they’ll be almost as good as new.
6. Turn your car’s ashtray or change drawer into a smart phone docking station. Screw holes in the bottom for your charger cord and auxiliary cable to run through, and even put a phone stand or dock in there to stand it up for easier access.
7. To get rid of foggy windows for good, take a raw potato that’s been cut in half and rub it on your windows. Don’t rub it too much, but just enough to clean the windows a bit and put a fog-free layer on the glass.
For a list of our services, click here to learn more!
Fix Auto USA
We are the premier independent body shop network delivering world-class customer service and high-quality collision repairs across the U.S.
Learn About Us