10 Ways to Keep Yours Car’s Body in Pristine Condition
December 5th, 2014 by Eli P
Take a drive anywhere – highways, back roads, and routes in between – and it’s easy to see who takes care of their automobiles. Some cars, no matter how old, still seem to have that “dealership shine.”
If your car is newer, but has lost some of that initial luster, or if you drive an older model and would like to restore its original color, these tips & tricks will help. Here are 10 ways to get you started.
1. Wash – but not too often. A regular wash will keep your car’s color vibrant, and will also prevent dirt and grime from damaging the paint or body.
2. Keep it covered. If you have a garage, keep your car there in the wintertime. If not, investing in a carport or car cover (soft cloth only) can maintain that pristine appearance.
3. Don’t forget the tires. Your car’s tires are an often forgotten part of the eyeball test. Just like the body, regularly clean the tires.
4. Wax on, wax off. Waxing your auto adds an extra layer of protection against the bad guys. Try it every other wash – you’ll notice the difference!
5. Try an underbody wash in the winter. Salt, ice and dirt can wreak havoc on your car’s appearance. Rust spots often start form the underside up. An underbody wash will help tremendously.
6. Undercoating helps. Especially for those who drive in tough winter conditions, an undercoating can slow down the harsh effects of ice, salt and more.
7. Take care of chips and scratches immediately. These small problems can cause big headaches down the road.
8. Set a schedule. If you’re serious about your car’s appearance, establish a regular cleaning schedule. Things like oil changes and brake inspections are important – and so is your car’s body.
9. Go glass. Your car’s mirrors, windows, windshield and more deserve a little love, too. Use a regular glass cleaner on both inside & outside surfaces.
10. Inside still counts. Remember you car’s body includes interior components. Routine cleaning of the upholstery, vinyl and more goes a long way in achieving the look you want.
At Fix Auto, we know a thing or two about cars. In fact, when you pick-up your vehicle, you can expect it be have already taken a bath and the accessories shining—it’s just part of our process.
With convenient locations, responsive service and professional attention we invite you to learn more about Fix Auto and contact us for your collision repair needs. Please visit our contact page, or call 1-800-INFO-FIX.
Thanks for stopping by the Fix Auto blog! Check back for helpful advice, car news, and more.
Fix Auto USA
We are the premier independent body shop network delivering world-class customer service and high-quality collision repairs across the U.S.
Learn About Us